|

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Sunny Saturday

Well, after the blustery days we've had this week, including snow flurries, today at least we are seeing the sun. I got some more training at work yesterday, from the IT guys--learning how to administer an e-mail list. I hope my next training session will be to learn how to post on our website.

Last night I jumped on the bus with 30 or so kids, one principal, and one teacher.We drove to Blaine, MN to drop off about half of the kids (oh, and one parent/resource coordinator at Christina's school) and then traveled on to Wisconsin. Christina was mortified that I sat in front of her on the bus, but whenever she called "Mom!" I just responded, "I'm not here!" Eventually it worked quite well.

The girls played hard, but unfortunately didn't come off with a win. We all went to McDonald's afterward anyway--it was 7 pm by the time we got there. We got back to town a little before 8:30, and Christina decided to spend the night at one of her teammate's. Beckie had called and decided to try to get some stuff done at home, so she may be spending the night today instead of last night. I plan to talk to Daniel later this afternoon to find out if he's like to stop over for an overnight too.

I got a phone call at 12:20 am from Christina's teammate's Mom--apparently the girls weren't there yet. But as I was on the phone with her they arrived. I guess Christina had stopped home to pick up some overnight stuff after 11:30. I think I heard her bounding down the stairs and was surprised she didn't announce herself. Oh well. She called me today and may come home with some friends.

Tim called and he and the dozen guys we was traveling with made it safely up to camp. Luke is with him too. I hope they have a refreshing time and come back ready for a new week. Of course, he called before I was up, but oh well. I'm working on laundry and other cleaning before kids and Beckie arrive.

Meanwhile, Mark and his friend John continue their stay in Nice, France, enjoying the beach and their international friends. I guess they are going to visit Spain on their "next" trip! They are having too much fun to leave their present location. They are hanging with other kids from Sweden, Honduras, Australia, Germany, Mexico, Quebec, and oh, yes, Colorado. I guess they are saving money by buying groceries and the Canadian guy cooks for them. What a life! In four days we will hear all about it--if they make it to the airport on time!

Well, I better get back to work. The weekend will be over before I know it, and I'm hoping Tim will come home to a cleaner home than the one he left!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com