|

Monday, January 15, 2007

Monday at home

Today is Martin Luther King day. Since I work in the Department of Anthropology and Sociology which includes Reconciliation Studies, I should spend time reflecting on the strides we have made since the early 60s. It seems hard to believe that it was within my lifetime that segregation still took place and prejudice was rampant.

Hopefully reconciliation has taken place in these decades, but I'm sure we still have a long way to go. Some students from our department are now in South Africa for a study term, and it will be an eye-opening experience for them, I think, to experience the culture that was so recently ruled by apartheid laws.

Anyway, instead of reflecting on the above as I should, I have spent the day enjoying being home. I made cinnamon rolls from the recipe on my sister's blog. I'm working on laundry. I'm trying to find health insurance for our almost-19-year-old who is not in college so will have to be on his own plan. I hope to get to the grocery store and cook a nice meal for my family for supper.

Tomorrow, back to work, but I'll leave early because my sister is coming and because I have comp time.

My nephew is going back to school after his long Christmas break, but I guess he doesn't have time to stop and see his ole aunt 'n' uncle and cuzes. Oh well. I suppose we could make more of an effort to see him while he's in school because he's only 45 minutes away. Or so. When the snow melts, it will be frisbee golfing season again and Mark should get Daniel out on the course between his classes.

Guess I'm all over the map today on this blog. Categories will be various.

Till next time,

Suzi

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Curly said...

Hey, my husband plays disc golf. There is a course about a mile from our house. We go in the winter, when it isn't so stinking hot! You won't catch me out there in July.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com