|

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Meeting neighbors

Yesterday nine ladies came over for lunch from my BSF class. Some of them had never been to Robbinsdale before, and one of them got lost (despite my attempt to give amazing directions) and was about 30 minutes late. Even though she brought dessert, we managed to wait patiently for her and were rewarded with heath bar pie and holiday cupcakes.

At the church before lunch, I was passing out directions. Two ladies said, "Okay, where do you live in relation to Lakeview school?" It turns out their two boys attended the elementary school across the street from my house, and were there the same time as our kids. I knew they wouldn't get lost. Robbinsdale is rather a small town (14,000), so it was fun to meet some new friends whom I'm sure I've seen at school events or even around town. How wonderful to find out that they are sisters in Christ, as well as neighbors!

Perhaps one of them will host a fellowship luncheon before the year's end. Maybe by then the gals from outer suburbia will feel comfortable finding and re-visiting our historic little suburb.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com