|

Saturday, December 04, 2004

The missing phone

It is amazing how dependent we have become on our cell phones. We are almost ready to give our daughter Christina a cell phone, although frightened that our almost 15-year-old may not be ready for the responsibility (read: go way over her allotted minutes). Last night she got a ride to a friend's house with a friend from school I did not know. I thought she was going to get a ride with her brother. I called her friend's cell phone (the friend whose house she was going to), and she wasn't at home or with Christina. I called the house where Christina was waiting for her friend, and no one answered. Growing steadily concerned, I drove to the house to pick her up. She was there, safe and sound, sitting with another friend and chatting with the dad who lived in the house. They were discussing church, and Christina was inviting him and his family to our service.

Relieved, I took Christina home and explained my anxiety to her. She was very apologetic and there were no blow outs. Later we let her go to the Christian coffee house she had been planning on attending, and Tim and I went out to get a bite to eat.

After dinner, I thought I'd give Tim the opportunity to walk Raven, since he seldom has that privilege. The next morning (today), he was looking for his cell phone. I tried calling it, but couldn't hear it anywhere in the house. Mark went outside while I rang the phone, and found it under a tree. Tim has at least 50 friends and business contacts on his phone--numbers that may not be recorded anywhere else. I was very glad it hadn't rained or snowed last night. I recall the time last winter when Tim lost his phone on the lake (it was frozen) when walking Raven. We managed to find it by walking out there--me with my cell phone, and Tim, searching and listening for his familiar ring. Fortunately, we did find it then too.

I wonder if I should sew some kind of magnet onto Tim's belt and glue one to his phone. Apparently the inner magnetism that attracts me to him isn't enough to keep his cell phone attached. But then again, we would miss out on all these missing cell phone adventures.

Till next time,


Suzi

PS My sister Lori commented below that magnets and phones do not mix. Just in case anyone else thought of trying that....

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzi said...

Sigh, I suppose you're right about magnets and phones...
maybe a string or something? BTW, I visited Richard's site--way to go! Hope we hear from him again soon!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com