|

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

O Christmas Tree

I have been working to prepare for our ladies' BSF luncheon. It isn't really a lot to prepare--everyone brings their own lunch and I just provide the house and the beverages. However, I have wanted to have the house decorated for Christmas before the ladies arrive, and of course, I've been trying to declutter and make things clean and presentable.

So I was dismayed when we got the Christmas tree down from the attic, and found that one of the poles to form the trunk of the tree was missing. Tim had sworn he had seen it recently, and we searched high and low. No pole. I had all the decorations out and ready, but no tree to trim.

Well, we went to bed, (that was Sunday night) and yesterday I continued the search. Nothing. So, after dinner Tim went out to buy a live tree. Christina has been asking for a live tree anyway, and we haven't had one for a long time.

Tim cut the tree so it would fit in our living room. We put it in a new gallon stand, filled it with water, put the tree skirt on, and decorated the tree. When we were all done, we put the ornament boxes and the artificial tree back in the garage. As Tim was putting the old tree back in the attic above the garage, I heard him holler. "Here it is!" There, in the attic, not far from where we had gotten the tree down, was the other pole.

At least we didn't buy another artificial tree! And we can enjoy the scent of pine this season. Tim was even talking about setting up the old tree outside or in our back porch.

It never fails, whenever we go to buy something to replace something we can't find, the lost object turns up. I just got a new paring knife to replace my missing one--so I suppose that will turn up soon, too.

Is this part of Murphy's Law?

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheri said...

yep

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com