|

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Snowmobiling

Well, yesterday I celebrated the first signs of spring--which by the way included an ant crawling on my desk at the tax office. But I wasn't ready to let go of winter just yet. Last night the long-awaited snowmobile ride came--on our neighborhood lake.

Tim's cousin Terry had brought his snowmobile home from up north, and he coaxed our son Luke into loading it onto his pickup truck and bringing it over to our house. Mai and I were not sure we wanted to go out on the lake in mid-March, but Terry promised it would be safe.

So, I dug out the boots, scarves and gloves for Mai and myself. Luke let Terry out in the backyard and Terry drove his sled right up to our front walk. Mai was the first to go--and she had a wonderful time. They did encounter some open water under the bridge, and because it was the only way back, they had to go through it again. Somehow they survived. The rest of the lake was pretty solid. I survived my turn, too, and we actually had a lot of fun. Terry taught Mai how to drive the sled (I declined) and he stayed on back to help her maneuver the controls.

So now I can cross snowmobiling off my list of things to do before I die. Now the snow can melt, the lakes can open up, and maybe this year we'll actually get our canoe and/or Tim's sailboat out on the lake.

Spring, here we come!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com