|

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Saturday's all right for sleeping...

After a full week of work and walking the dog before 6 am every morning, I decided I'd sleep in this morning. It was nice. I did get up at a not-too-late time to walk Raven, but decided I was just too tired and went back to bed. That, of course, is the time when you have funny dreams. I dreamed I met someone at a park who I thought was the wife of the pastor of one of the Covenant churches we serve in our regional office. But then I realized she didn't spell her name the same way. Where did this dream come from?

Don't remember what else I dreamed, but I finally woke up--Raven had actually been fairly patient. However, once we hit the trail, we encountered dogs on our walk. The nice thing about walking early/in the dark is that either there are no other people/dogs around or it's too dark to make them out. (Of course Raven can still hear/smell them). However, one was out in its yard and Raven and this rather large dog started barking at each other. I hurried Raven along, then I heard some clanging, barking getting closer and closer, and realized the dog had uprooted it's leash stake and was now chasing us from across a busy road.

At this point all I could do was hurry Raven along and try not to get between the two dogs. Finally the loose dog turned around and I heard the clang of the stake or the metal thing that attaches to his collar hit the stop sign post. I didn't hear any cars squealing, and when I finally looked back, I saw the dog back at its front step. Tragedy avoided--this time.

The rest of our walk was fairly uneventful--it was a nice spring morning and people were out riding their bikes. When I got home I read in the paper about a local woman (well, she lived a little ways north of the metro area) who had a shelter for big cats. Her friend found her body in the cage of the tiger--apparently the trap door next to the caged area malfunctioned and the tiger went beserko and killed her. So sad. She was experienced with tigers, too, and very cautious.

I think I'll stick to the canine version of pets, and the domestic canine version at that. And maybe I'll start walking earlier on weekends--I can always come back home to catch some extra zzzzs. Even if I do have weird dreams. Maybe I'll dream that Rory and Dean get back together. Oh, yeah, that's right--now he is Sam on that other show, and Sam's brother is Dean. And if you watch the new Sam and Dean show you might have nightmares. So never mind.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com