|

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Appointments

Today is my day of appointments/meetings/pick-ups. This morning I went to the eye doctor and I'm in very good shape. However, my reading vision continues to deteriorate, as I have recently moved to a +150 for reading glasses and tested at +175. (The doc says to try to read at a level lower than what you test, as long as it's comfortable.)

I'm going to visit my family doctor today for a check up/follow up on my surgery a couple of months ago--I'll have my hemoglobin checked and get a couple of shots--pneumonia and the flu shot. I think it's probably especially a good idea to get the flu shot now that I'm working on a college campus. Those students, bless their hearts, can spread a lot of germs! I heard the most contaminated place on campus is probably at the library computers. I'm a little more sensitive to germs as I recently got a forwarded e-mail about purses and how they are such germ magnets (think about where you put your purse throughout the day!) I checked this e-mail out at snopes.com (to see if it was a hoax) and it is true that purses can be carriers of lots of icky stuff. I try to put mine on hooks when I can and am avoiding placing it on counters, especially in the kitchen! Clorox wipes come in handy--I'm trying to wipe my purse once a day.

Anyway, this evening at 5:15 I'm going to a new book club (just an hour gathering) with a new friend from work. Then at 7:44, the biggest appointment of the day--Mark is arrive at the MSP airport!

I have to say, since Mark postponed his trip last week, it's a little hard for me to believe I'll actually get to see him tonight. But I remain hopeful, nonetheless.

In the meantime, I'll go on with my appointments and the day should fly by!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com